Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Spohn Family Checklist

As I have announced, I have invited myself into the annual Spohn Super Summer Snapshot Scavenger Hunt, a fun extravaganza of hard target searches looking for items from a list of twenty. I have already photographed a number of them (probably the easy ones) so I thought I should start posting them here. I had an overly-ambitious idea that I could find them all while out on my bike but that will prove to be too difficult. I am hoping to find more over the next few days of my Staycation with Teresa and Mallory who is home from ASU for a week.

Guess I should post the list here so you can follow my progress. If you have any suggestions where I might find some of these, any assistance is appreciated. So far, I’m stumped by the black bear.

  • A little pink house
  • A sign that includes the name of a US state
  • A rainbow
  • A ferris wheel
  • An abandoned shopping cart
  • An obscure historical marker
  • A motel you would not want to stay in
  • A black bear (not from the wild!)
  • A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
  • A lone tree (not from someone's yard)
  • Courthouse steps
  • A statue with 2 or more people
  • A red mailbox
  • A bus stop with a Ad for a movie
  • A National Park sign
  • A western wagon wheel
  • A barber poll
  • The side of a building covered with a mural
  • A date stamped in concrete
  • A flat bed Ford