Friday, August 5, 2011

A Motel you would NOT want to stay in

While driving to meet Mallory and Teresa on Wednesday for a Starbuck’s farewell, I realized I would be passing by a few motels where I would not want to stay. I lost my nerve on a couple of them but finally summoned up some courage to stop at this one. It was impossible to take the photo of myself in front of the sign from inside my vehicle so I quickly opened the door, stepped out, grabbed the shot and jumped back in, locking the doors again simultaneously. I know. I’m a ‘fraidy cat. Anyway, this isn’t the worst motel I’ve ever seen but it will suffice for this challenge. I suppose this was a list item I should not have attempted alone.

0803111353c

It was difficult to obtain a photo of the actual building itself so I chose the sign, which I’ve always wanted to photograph anyway.

P1010316

Lest anyone think I was too much of a coward, I travelled on down the street to another motel where I actually did get the building but didn’t dare get out of the car at this one so, alas, no photo of me at this wonderful establishment. Just to prove I actually did try to meet all qualifications.

P1010320

And look. It’s PINK. It’s a twofer.

P1010321

Stay tuned for more items from the list.